Sunday, February 27, 2011

"Sunday Brunch"

I was driving to work this past Sunday morning, juggling ideas in my head as to where I should start, or which places I should visit first for this blog. I jumped from one restaurant to another in my head, keeping some of my favorites in mind, when I noticed something on my way.

Every single family diner and homestyle cafe were completely loaded, I mean packed! Some parking lots were full, others had their customers vehicles pouring over into other establishment's lots. I knew Sundays were still big for breakfast and lunch for some families, but it had never struck me like this until now. I had so easily found my answer. The idea for "Sunday Brunch" made itself very clear.

This made me think of just how many great family-owned places like this there are in just South Bend and Mishawaka alone, and most of them that are my favorites have one thing in common... outstanding breakfast! I immediately started remembering some of the places of the top of my head. The American Pancake House and their German apple pancake, Allie's Cafe & Catering and their foot long breakfast burrito, and the west-side's Top Notch and their Chicago-style breakfast skillets all popped into my head at once. And, they're all great places to stop in on your weekend mornings off and have a great breakfast with friends or family! (hence the parking lots).

My idea will put me on a mission every Sunday of every week to visit one of the area's best breakfast spots and fill everyone in on what makes each and every one special and unique, and find out a little bit more about their signature dishes. I can't wait to wake up and say, "Good morning Sunday!" (which means a lot considering I'm not a morning person, better keep the black coffee comin').

1 comment:

  1. I really like your title "Sunday Brunch," it's very creative! I like how your blog features local "hole in the wall" places a lot of people don't know about. I've heard of all 3 of these places but i've actually never eaten there... Sounds like I'll be stopping in to see the folks at The American Pancake house to order their German Apple Pancakes!! Sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete